TST C Electronics/ITS Technician
Salary: $69,216.00 - $84,300.00 Annually
Location: King County - Seattle - N. Seattle, WA
Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 20DOT-NWR-12735
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking an experienced Electronics/ITS Technician to join our Maintenance Team at our State of the art, award winning, SR99 Tunnel Facility in the heart of Seattle. We are looking for an individual that is technically focused, innovative, and enjoys new challenges.
What to Expect:
This position performs maintenance, repair and testing of complex electronics, fiber optic and technical control systems for the 99 Tunnel. This position will primarily report to and receives direction from their Crew Leader or Tunnel Supervisor. This position may be assigned to fill in for the crew leader as needed. Work may be carried out alone or as part of a team.
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, you/the Transportation Systems Technician C Electronics/ITS Technician will:
- Communicate, understand and carry out instruction with all members of the work group, verbally, in writing and using telephones or two way radios Remove obsolete electrical components and systems, and install new system equipment and components to enhance or improve operations as needed
- Safely perform maintenance on fire systems and associated equipment listed in this positions classification questioner
- Perform work and assist others in a confined, hazardous environment using protective clothing and respiratory equipment
- Provide traffic control for emergency situations and general roadway maintenance
- Identify and understand coded electrical and electronic controls to perform maintenance and testing
- Calculate basic mathematic functions, such as: areas, percentage, add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Be available to respond on an as needed basis for planned and unplanned overtime within 60 minutes
- Work with chemicals necessary for maintenance of the tunnel systems and use appropriate PPE
- Read and understand blue prints and contract plans
- Must be able to safely operate motor vehicle and light construction equipment
- Perform manual labor tasks such as digging, lifting, pulling or pushing
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High School Graduation or GED
- Valid Washington State driver’s license with CDL Class B with auto transmission without air brakes restriction.
- Four years’ experience in electronics, IT network services, computer programming, fire systems or building control systems.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Completed courses in an accredited school with a focus in electronics.
- Certifications such as FA1 or NICET.
- Five or more years of hands on field experience performing maintenance and troubleshooting of electronics and/or integrated control systems related to any of the following: - Building fire control system, security systems, environmental control systems such as HVAC or air quality monitoring, PLC’s, surveillance cameras or IT network computer systems and servers.
- The salary listed for this position includes a legislative approved 5% premium for workers in King County.
- This position is subject to the drug and alcohol testing requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety - Administration (FMSCA). For more information, please go to DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing.
Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle. As such, there are a number of flexible schedule options available, including occasional telework for eligible positions.
Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application: An attached Resume outlining your experience to date.
An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications, and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. NOTE: This information may be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in, or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Renee Mason, at MasonR@wsdot.wa.gov. Please be sure to reference 20DOT-NWR-12735 in the subject line.
Location: N. Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/2855315/tst-c-electronics-its-technician?keywords=12735&pag
Base Pay: $69,216 - $84,300 YR