Employer: Kaiser Permanente
Central Service Technician II
Location: Tacoma, WA Job Number: 904336 Date posted: 09/04/2020
KAISER PERMANENTE WASHINGTON IS GROWING! WE ARE EXPANDING OUR SURGICAL SERVICES, AND ARE IN NEED OF GREAT TALENT TO JOIN OUR KP WASHINGTON TEAM! THIS STERILE TECH WILL JOIN THE TACOMA SURGICAL TEAM, DELIVERING SAFE CARE TO OUR PATIENTS AND MEMBERS! APPLY TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT KP-S BENEFITS PACKAGE WHICH IS LEADING THE WAY!
Under general supervision, this position performs a wide variety of tasks related to inventory, decontamination, inspection, maintenance and assembly, sterilization, and coordinated dispensing of general and specialized surgical devices, reusable instrumentation and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the KFHPW Mission and the supportive role of the CSR Department and staff in contributing to accomplishment of KFHPW's customer service, clinical and financial goals.
- Identify unsafe conditions/practice.
- Must be familiar with and practice safety, infection control and employee health policies and standards.
- Identify own education needs and complete all mandatory training.
- Participate in error reporting and correction and continuous improvement of system processes and staff and department performance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of patient care areas the instruments and medical devices they use, their collective and individual needs, concerns and expectations. Anticipate provider needs. Compare daily surgery and procedure schedules, provider preferences and instrument inventory and alert case coordinators if additional instrumentation will need to be acquired.
- Provide excellent Customer Service, partnering with, and offering assistance, guidance to internal and external customers, as well as service recovery when there's a complaint. Actively participate in identification of educational needs of individuals, the department and customer staff. Assist new surgeons and surgery staff in their orientation to the instrument inventory, set arrangement and location in the sterile core. Provide assistance to Specialty clinics and providers in determining and accessing needed instruments, standardizing with other providers, reducing new purchases with exchanges of surplus, and optimizing access of a clinic's inventory through set up of centralized storage.
- Per established procedures, Infection Control standards and prudent judgment:
- Deliver, pick up and receive reusable instruments and equipment assuring items are complete and handled to prevent damage or loss.
- Disassemble, clean, disinfect and sterilize reusable instruments and medical devices.
- Reassemble, inspect and test all multi-part devices assuring they are complete and will function safely and as expected.
- Assemble, package, process and store medical supplies, instruments and equipment. Distribute reprocessed products.
- Operate department equipment safely. Use and check performance indicators to assure proper function and initiate corrective action if malfunction is identified.
- Perform and document sterilizer cycles, assuring parameters for sterilization are met. Challenge sterilizer performance with chemical and biological indicators. Initiate a recall or stop a process if potentially incomplete or unsafe for patient use.
Minimum one (1) year of experience with C.S. or O.R. instrumentation reprocessing.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
Completion of the Central Service Training course is required by date of hire/transfer.
Ability to recognize, initiate and accomplish all departmental work activities with minimal supervision.
Ability to establish and maintain rapport with co-workers and customers.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize amid multiple demands for attention.
Ability to maintain quality and attention to detail within a quick paced environment.
Knowledge of Infection Control principles, medical terminology and basic anatomy.
Ability to respond to customer staff and providers requesting product or method of reprocessing. Ability to follow written instructions and communicate clearly and effectively.
Primary Location: Washington,Tacoma,Tacoma Specialty Center 209 Martin Luther King Jr. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon - Fri Working Hours Start: Variable Working Hours End: Variable Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: SEIU Service Unit Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Patient Care Services (Non RN) Department: Perioperative Services Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/-/-/641/17271883
Base Pay: DOQ