PLC Controls Technician
Lexington NC, USA
Job Reference: US4505LW_BH3057048
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Lexington NC, USA
PLC Controls Technician:
Kelly Engineering Resources has an outstanding Direct-Hire opportunity for a PLC Controls Technician. Candidates with a strong Electrical background and working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC systems will receive premium consideration. In this role you will be trained to contribute to full coverage for the entire plant operation at this large facility, ensuring all facility and automation systems are functioning at an optimal level.
*This is a shift coverage position, initially. After 1 year of service you will be able to bid on your shift of choice for the long-term.
Job Duties of the PLC Controls Technician:
- Experienced in handling up to 13.2 KV 3-phase power distribution and down to 24 VDC.
- PLC; relay logic troubleshooting; able to diagnose motor and drive failures.
- Perform PM’s in an FDA & ISO certified environment.
- Troubleshoot to determine root cause of equipment failure and perform corrective maintenance accordingly.
- Ability to provide solutions quickly and accurately even in stressful situations.
- Ability to work well with others and be self-directed with only general supervision.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all instruments, control systems and electrical equipment in the plant. Performs inspection, calibration, repair, testing, adjustment, and installation of hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and electrical equipment and systems.
- Perform and document maintenance, calibration, installation, fault diagnosis and repair of electrical, mechanical and pneumatic instruments and systems.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot and repair plant instrumentation i.e., transmitters, control valves, switches, relays, etc.
Qualifications of the PLC Controls Technician:
Two year technical/electronics degree and/or 3 years on Industrial Controls/Electronic experience preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting skills of complex electrical/electronic systems.
- PLC programming skills is a strong plus.
- Experience working with MCCs and Allen Bradley VFDs.
Apply today for immediate consideration
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Location: Lexington, NC
Application Method: Online: https://kellyservices.force.com/kellycareernetwork/s/search-results?language=en_US&rx_p=&utm_campaign=paid_b2c_always-on&rx_ts=20200908T220035Z&utm_medium=cpc&rx_group=117933&source=Indeed&rx_source=Indeed&rx_job=US15TPAP_BH3046228&c__keyword=&c__jobPostId=US15TPAP_BH3046228&rx_medium=&rx_campaign=indeed294&c__Radius=&rx_a=&rx_paid=&c__jobid=a7V2E0000004tDB&utm_source=recruitics&utm_content=indeed_always-on&rx_c=kcn
Base Pay: DOQ