Plant Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Technician:
We’re seeking a I&C technician who has a passion for machines and how they work. Delicately balancing your time between day-to-day needs and long-term preventative maintenance activities, you are a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, collaborating with operations, quality and food safety teams.
You come to us with broad experience & knowledge in many facets of industrial maintenance from principles of lean manufacturing, PLCs, instrumentation, & more! Additionally, you are well versed with CMMS technology, (i.e. Mpulse, SAP, etc.) and Microsoft office. Whether it’s troubleshooting new complex maintenance mysteries, or maintaining our multiple manufacturing lines, you will be a “go-to” team member for maintenance. Putting your industrial controls expertise to use, you will be an integral part of advancing our manufacturing operations to the next level and helping us provide all the delicious Torani products our customers’ crave!
SUCCESS FACTORS (18 - 24 months):
• Subject Matter Expert: Coming to Torani with a large "tool-belt" of industrial maintenance skills and experience, you are an epicenter of the process lines, packaging equipment, air compressors, generators, boilers, and other auxiliary equipment. As an SME, you navigate complex instrumentation and controls related challenges, identify the root cause of issues, and provide the right solutions. You have a wide breadth of technical knowledge that you continue to add to, and you’re not afraid to ask for help.
• Process and Packaging Line Support: Machinery acting up? No problem! You will have diagnosed issues quickly and correctly using root-cause analysis and will have helped create a scalable system for ordering and maintaining the right stock of supplies for plant operational and maintenance activities. You should be able to Inspect, repair, install and remove all types of motors, generators, transformers, switches, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems, and storage batteries, and work with electrical systems up to and including 480 volts AC. You will have a good pulse on the needs of process and packaging, you will have effectively prioritized and completed work orders for Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and special projects. In partnership with the manufacturing & quality departments, you have established a quick and easy changeover processes for manufacturing team members to run themselves. Line calls are answered with a high level of urgency, and equipment issues have been thoroughly & accurately resolved to support our production needs—our machines consistently purr with happiness!
• Autonomous Maintenance: Vital to supporting our growth, you are helping develop a true living-breathing- autonomous maintenance culture. You continually strengthen our manufacturing team members’ skills on light maintenance activities, including running line changeovers, completing basic operational PMs, regular inspection & monitoring, and understanding the sequence of operations for our production equipment. Additionally, you will have mastered how to operate each piece of our production equipment and when help is needed, you jump right in! Training materials are revised and created with your assistance. As you and the maintenance team build light maintenance activities into the day-to-day habits of our manufacturing team members, you will have strengthened our preventative maintenance practices, and made progress towards predictive maintenance.
• Continuous Improvement: Status quo, heck no! As a master of innovation, you have a constant focus on building robust processes and making incremental improvements for sustainable changes. Supporting strategic preventative maintenance activities for each piece of equipment on your assigned line is a conscious priority, but never at the expense of daily production needs. Production lines are running well and important metrics such PM completion %, open work order status, % on time PMs, line up time, etc. are meeting line efficiency objectives. You will have updated PMs for relevance and frequency, and you will support special projects focused on continually improving our manufacturing operations. Through your day to day work you actively using continuous improvement principles (AM, 5S, RCAs) to move the business forward.
• Safety: As a role model for safety, you actively prevent issues and have the courage to share concerns with others--even when it’s not the popular thing to do. Lock out tag out, machine guarding, and other safety procedures are being used and you assist in training new manufacturing team members on these processes. You also maintain safe workplace practices in chemical safety, confined space, hot work, electrical and more! When new safety concerns come up, you will have used JSAs to assess potential hazards, and propose solutions to reduce safety risks. Potential hazards are clearly identified and communicated to maintenance, manufacturing, quality assurance, and sanitation teams.
• Have FUN!
• High School Diploma, Associates Degree or Equivalent training / experience in a related field
• Experience in an industrial process environment, i.e., Food / Beverage Manufacturing Plant
• Fluent skills in AC/DC electrical circuits and plant controls. Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment
• Ability to work from drawings and instruction manuals. Ability to read and understand schematics and P&ID drawings.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of electricity, electrical safety, circuits, control, equipment, electrical and instrumentation schematics
• ent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
• Experience with a strong range of instrumentation and calibration equipment
• Experience with PLC, pneumatic control valves and systems, basic electronics, motor control systems and process control systems
• Ability to read meters, gauges, or automatic devices to record data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, pressure, and fluid levels, water chemistry to verify operating conditions.
• Ability to perform annual instrument calibrations as part of the electrical and instrumentation team. Ability to properly use electrical test equipment and other similar tools.
• Basic computer skills such as MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.)
• Ability to work well with others and be self-directed, as well as apply creative solutions to unique I&C problems is desirable
• Ability to work with outside contractors and OEMs as required.
• Candidates must successfully complete basic company electrical / mechanical skills exam for consideration
Additional Preferred Requirements:
• Five years’ experience as a plant technician in a Food / Beverage Manufacturing plant environment, or related field
• PLC Experience: Allen-Bradley
• Bottling and Food Process Manufacturing Facility experience
• Preferred Allen-Bradly Maintenance/Trouble shooting experience
• HMI and PLC to I/O to field device troubleshooting experience
Contact Person: Wanda Carinio
Location: San Leandro, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ