Employer: R&R Heating and Air Conditioning
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Job Category: Administrative Support Workers
Department/Group: 00 – Non-Department
FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $15.00-$18.00
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Senior Staff Accountant
Working Hours M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., (hours may change based on business needs)
Role and Responsibilities:
• Answer incoming and directs the caller to the appropriate employee. Will transfer a caller to an employee’s voice mailbox when the employee is unavailable. Take messages and page personnel as necessitated.
• Retrieve messages from answering service and route appropriately.
• Greet and direct all visitors including vendors, clients, and customers.
• Prepare letters and spreadsheets as requested.
• Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, preparing letters, faxing, and spreadsheets as requested
• Sort invoices from vendors and distribute to appropriate departments.
• File all invoices chronologically.
• Reconcile vendor statements.
• File Accounts Payable both in progress and finished.
• Mail Accounts Receivable statements.
• Select checks for deposit.
• Fab shop costing
• Code purchase discounts by department.
• Process and correct Service Department invoicing as needed.
• Document (w-9, reseller, etc.) procurement and record keeping.
• End of month bank reconciliation, US Bank credit card and checking.
• Learn RNC Billing Procedures to serve as a backup when needed.
• Learn Purchasing and inventory procedures to serve as a backup when needed.
• Performs various accounting input and reconciliation as requested by Senior Accountant.
• Additional job duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High school or equivalent, AA or AAS in Accounting Preferred
• Office Administration: 1 year+ preferred
• Valid Driver’s License
• Excellent telephone etiquette and administrative skills. Proficient with email, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite
• Comprehensive knowledge of switchboard phones from 1-10 lines
• Effective customer service skills, verbal and written, to communicate clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems, to customers and coworkers.
• Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations.
• Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
• Self-motivated and dedicated to completing projects in a timely manner.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all time.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phone: Ryan Mallmann
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Base Pay: $15 - $18 HR