Employer: Whitworth University
POSITION TITLE: HR Data SpecialistDEPARTMENT: Human Resource ServicesREPORTS TO: Director of HR Operations and Information Systems
SALARY GRADE/HIRING RANGE:10/$ 19.21 - $20.34FLSA DESIGNATION: Hourly Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION: Under the direction of the Director of HR Operations and Information Systems, the HR Data Specialist does the data processing functions for Human Resource Services (HRS), including entering, maintaining, auditing, and processing sensitive HR and payroll data.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE POSITION:
• Ensures the highest level of accuracy for data entered into HR data systems to ensure successful data audits and payroll processing, including date-sensitive faculty and adjunct contracts, personnel action change forms, temporary staffing requests and employee benefits data.
• Assigns and maintains position control ID numbers all positions on campus.
• Approves and processes cell phone contracts, UREC applications and stipend requests.
• Sets up and maintains electronic-time-reporting functions for employee and supervisor access.
• Maintains confidential personnel records for all new, current and separated employees; maintains impeccable records of change request approvals.
• Assists with the review of the semi-monthly and monthly payroll processing to ensure accuracy of information and receipt of supporting documentation.
• Assists benefits staff with annual benefits rate updates as needed and reviews updates for accuracy.
• Attends monthly Technology Action Group (TAG) meetings and disseminates information to the HRS team. • Attends/participates in various technology groups on campus as related to Colleague records processing and/or HRS-related SharePoint workflows.
• Upload all completed documents into PaperVision and review batches from PaperVision at the beginning of each payroll processing cycle.
• Manage and troubleshoot the various SharePoint sites for HRS and Payroll.
• Performs troubleshooting and updates to positions and GL accounts.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
• A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning
• A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church.
• A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
PREFERRED JOB KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to develop an understanding of the linkage between HRS, Payroll and the Business Office and their data systems.
• Demonstrated experience with a higher education ERP such as EllucianColleague.
• Experience in a highly confidential, service-orientated work environment.
• Strong attention to detail, with a natural curiosity that leads to effective problem solving.
• Analytical ability to develop, maintain, track and modify current data codes and structures for system maintenance.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with many departments and employees across the campus, and work successfully with others in a collaborative office environment and as a team member.
• Ability to multi-task high priority tasks and functions and exercise appropriate independent judgement, meet deadlines, and work effectively with multiple interruptions.
• Ability to work at a computer work station for extended periods of time performing repetitive tasks.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POSITION:
No direct reports.
High school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum of three years direct experience managing and analyzing data, including data mining, reporting, and high-volume data processing. Experience in human resources and with an ERP system strongly preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
A background check, credit check, and confirmation of degrees earnedwill be required of the successful candidate. A resume, cover letter, faith statement, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) professional references will also be required.NOTE: Human Resource Services may modify this job description and/or add language to support our DEI vision and achievement of our DEI goals.
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.whitworth.edu/administration/humanresources/jobs.aspx?typeid=2
Base Pay: $ 19.21 - $20.34 HR