Employer: Whitworth University
POSITION TITLE: Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Services
REPORTS TO: Manager, Facilities Maintenance SALARY GRADE/RANGE: 12/$24.86 - $26.32
FLSA DESIGNATION: Hourly Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager of Maintenance and Repair in the Facilities Services Department, the HVACR specialist performs a variety of skilled services in maintenance and engineering related to the heating, ventilation, commercial refrigeration, and air conditioning systems on campus, including the central steam heating plant.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE POSITION:
1. Performs a variety of skilled/journeyman-level duties in the heating, ventilation, commercial refrigeration, and air conditioning systems, including the central steam heating plant, individual boiler or building heating and air conditioning systems, and campus underground steam distribution system
2. Operates, services, maintains, repairs, and reconditions commercial and residential electric and natural gas fired appliances, refrigeration plants and appliances, and air conditioning systems
3. Operates, services, maintains, repairs, and reconditions (as required) low-pressure boilers, including electric and natural gas-fired boilers
4. Maintains/services, programs, and repairs all building HVACR electronic systems, controls, and computer-based energy management programs
5. Maintains a comprehensive, on-going, preventive maintenance program, including maintenance, operating, and other appropriate records and logs for all HVAC equipment, including but not limited to Air handlers, Chillers and cooling towers.
6. Assists in HVACR design and modifications as part of facilities remodeling and new construction as required.
7. Performs emergency call-out services as required
8. Completes parts and materials requisitions for HVACR related systems
9. Supervises and trains apprentices and student workers when assigned
10. Performs other duties as required, including assisting other trades
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
• A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning
• A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church.
• A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated ability and knowledge in the HVACR trade including: general practices, methods, tools, materials, and related safety procedures
• Journey-level experience in commercial and residential heating, ventilation, and air conditioning
• Ability to interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, and sketches
• Ability and willingness to respond to evening and weekend calls for emergency services and
• Refrigeration - Universal CFC certification
• Gas license
• O6A electrical trainee license or higher
• Mechanic I license
PREFERRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Basic knowledge and experience in operation of low-pressure boilers
• Demonstrated ability and knowledge in the HVACR trade including: general practices, methods,
tools, materials, and related safety procedures
• Ability to work within regulations set forth by state and federal safety codes
• Willingness and ability to learn and be trained in new techniques relating to heating and cooling
• The ability to interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, and sketches
• The ability and willingness to respond to evening and weekend calls for emergency services and
• Demonstrated maturity in dealing with students, staff and general public
• Demonstrated ability to develop and work in a collaborative work environment and willingness
to work outside area of specialization to assist with emergent needs of the department
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POSITION:
No direct reports.
Education: High school diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Four to six years direct experience in HVAC and boiler operations and maintenance.
Licenses or Certifications: The following are required: O6A electrical trainee license or higher AND
Mechanic I license AND Universal CFC certification.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A background check and confirmation of degrees earned will be required
of the successful candidate. A resume, cover letter, faith statement, and names, addresses, and phone
numbers of at least three (3) professional references will also be required.
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.whitworth.edu/administration/humanresources/jobs.aspx?typeid=2
Base Pay: $24.86 - $26.32 HR