Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary (responsibilities include but are not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Provides staff support services within maintenance, operations, and engineering to reduce scheduling/planning tasks performed by management. Responsible for working with plant management and project managers to understand plant operations and maintenance needs, resources, budgets and timing requirements; using this information develops and maintains work schedules. Responsible for determining, monitoring, and recommending adjustments to maintenance and operations work schedules to meet plant productivity needs.
Duties include, but are not limited to reviewing maintenance requests (both long and short-term), analyzing job requirements, and determining appropriate staffing resources. Schedules work integrating plant needs with maintenance/operations resources. May use engineering plans and operations/maintenance specifications to produce schedules, material requirements lists, and budget tracking tools. Works with management to organize schedule changes due to backlogs, design changes, and material or labor shortages. Generates metrics to demonstrate performance and drive improvements.
• Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
• Performs a variety of technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
• Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval
• With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Work periodically reviewed by Manager or designated personnel; work reflects solid performance of duties.
• Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department or facility, and discovered in succeeding operations where work is verified or checked.
• Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
• Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under general supervision
• Prioritizes own schedule to complete tasks/projects and may guide others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
• May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately complex areas.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance, power plant operations or equivalent.
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Basic certifications/licensures, if applicable.
Please apply through the link provided: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3513&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Fairfield, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ