Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Job Location: Main Campus - Yakima, WA
Salary Range: $17.00 - $18.00
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Education, the Exam Specialist is responsible for proctoring entrance exams (both online and in person) for prospective students, and other licensing exams to current students and the general public. The Exam Specialist must be able to complete the requirements to become a licensed proctor within a reasonable time frame. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the testing process by monitoring the testing environment closely. The Exam Specialist will also complete other daily duties of the Learning Resource Center as needs dictate.
Duties are performed in an office setting. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must.
This is a non-exempt, fulltime regular position. This position requires schedule flexibility. Hours may vary depending on the needs of the department with a weekly average of 40. Overtime may be required. Typical hours are as follows: Monday, 8:00 am – 6:30 pm and Tuesday – Thursday, 7:00 am – 5:30 pm and includes a half hour lunch.
SALARY RANGE: DOQ
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, vacation, 11 paid holidays, 4-day work weeks and more.
- Associate’s degree or certificate of completion from an accredited career school.
- Experience with multi-tasking.
- Experience with computers and troubleshooting a wide variety of technological issues for an end user.
- Experience with Zoom or a similar web-based video conferencing tool.
- Demonstrated experience showing strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience showing attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must not have, nor plan to obtain, a Cisco certification.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
- Pearson and/or Certiport certified proctor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proctor the entrance exam to maintain a quiet and secure testing environment.
- Become certified to administer Pearson and Certiport testing.
- Communicate effectively and interface with students and staff in a professional, approachable manner.
- Work effectively with students from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds.
- Provide information about various exam subjects with candidates.
- Basic office functions, including filing and data entry.
- Complete a series of follow-up contacts with candidates via mail, phone, e-mail, and text messaging.
- Assist with other Learning Resource Center activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=23861&clientkey=82B497C78D856557AF696B0975762145
Base Pay: $17 - $18 HR