Instrumentation and Controls Technician - (BI 000AHT)
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our operations and maintenance services, you’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our municipal clients to operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most to them – people.
As an Instrumentation and Controls Technician in Renton, WA you’ll join a collaborative team and perform maintenance, repair and calibration on a variety of water treatment plant equipment, instruments and control systems, to include mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. You’ll contribute to the success of our program interpreting and working from blueprints, drawings, sketches, plans, manuals and technical documents as well as installing and repairing equipment based on instructions, specifications, wiring diagrams and codes. You’ll complete a variety of plumbing and pipefitting tasks, inspect, repair and maintain electrical and/or electro-mechanical operating and control systems, equipment, fixtures, and maintain wiring and lighting systems, electrical control equipment, meters, outlets and panels. You’ll also perform building and grounds maintenance including pressure washing, painting, mowing, brush removal and perform other duties as required. Most importantly, you’ll take action to ensure the safety, health and well-being of you and your team.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Four (4) years of experience in the maintenance, repair and calibration of instrumentation and equipment.
• Possess a valid driver’s license with no major infractions.
• Basic computer skills including the ability to perform data entry and create computer reports.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• A two-year degree in Instrumentation/Industrial Automation, Water/Wastewater Technology, Industrial Maintenance/Mechanics or related fields.
• Three years of experience in a lead position as an Instrument & Control Technician in a water or wastewater treatment facility.
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment and instruments used in the maintenance, repair and calibration of electrical and electronic control systems.
• Knowledge of water treatment principles, processes and equipment.
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment and tools used in the repair and operation of engines, pumps, valves and other mechanical equipment related to water treatment.
• Knowledge of computers and computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as Maintenance Connection.
• Knowledge of programmable logic controllers and SCADA systems.
• Preference given to candidates who possess a valid Washington State Water Treatment Operator’s Certification.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Safety is a core value at Jacobs. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. This position will spend a substantial amount of time performing safety sensitive labor or services. Due to the nature of the job passing a Fitness for Duty testing is required to ensure candidates for this position are physically and functionally fit to perform the essential physical work functions of this safety sensitive position without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The physical and environmental demands required to perform the essential duties of this position include standing, walking, sitting, coordination, balance and agility demands, which may include the ability to stoop, kneel, squat, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements. Additional demands may involve a specific level of dexterity, grip strength, climbing and cardiorespiratory demands. The work areas may be indoor, outdoor, have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, and chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Renton-US WA Renton - Old Petrovitsky
Job Posting: Jul 2, 2020, 8:33:41 AM
Job: Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Work Locations: US WA Renton - Old Petrovitsky
16207 S.E. Old Petrovitsky
Capabilities: Water and Wastewater
Location: Renton, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jacobs.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=BI%20000AHT&Src=JB-10150&src=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ