Employer: Tek Systems
Data Center Technician:
Our customer is looking for all shift Data Center Technicians to join the growing team within infrastructure operations. Scope of work includes troubleshooting and repairing servers with hardware and network issue. Work involves hardware diagnostic and replacement of failed components. Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision and handle multiple priorities. Technician will provide operational support of the Eastern Oregon Data Centers. They'll be responsible for day to day incident management of servers and networking equipment and project work and capacity management. The engineer will work closely with the Data Center Manager on projects scheduling and directing work for junior technicians and associates. A Data Center background with troubleshooting and hardware is going to be crucial for this role from a technical standpoint. Personality and a "team like willingness" is important from a soft skill perspective. The customer is currently doubling the amount of Data Centers in Eastern Oregon, so that will remain to be a growing area within the DC's.
Looking for people who are open to working all shifts
• Walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
• Work at heights and from ladders.
• Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 41 pounds or more
• Carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds for short distances.
• Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
• Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
• Occasional bending or twisting of the body
• Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
• Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
• Push or pull heavy objects into position
• Work in a noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
• Occasional work in tight and/or narrow spaces, such as under raised floors
Some travel may be required
Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and coordination with Data Center Manager
3-5 years IT support experience
Hands on experience with x86 architecture based systems
Data Center Technician experience
Experience with Linux or similar OS
Good knowledge of network design and protocols
Understanding of storage devices
Understanding of scripting languages
Must exhibit good communication and grammatical skills
Must be capable of lifting 40+lbs
Must have valid driver’s license and their own vehicle
Must be able to pass background check and drug test
Must be able to function well under pressure with multiple priorities
Top Skills Details:
1. 6+ months experience within IT
2. Hardware troubleshooting
3. Swapping parts and troubleshooting part failures
This position is with Amazon.com to work in the fastest growing business unit within the organization, Amazon Web Services. This is a contract to interview where AWS has a very strong conversion rate to bring people on after a 6 month period. The DC's in East Oregon have the most focus within AWS for a 5 year roadmap.
73575 Lewis and Clark Drive Boardman OR
$24 an hour (after 6 month contract upon conversion there is a raise when you become a salaried employee!)
Contact Person: Camille Scottaline
Location: Boardman, OR
Application Method: Send cover letter and resume to: cmiedema@TEKsystems.com
Base Pay: DOQ