An engineer 1 is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability is at the function level.
Marketing Technology Engineer 1 Systems Engineer is part of a key team of Technology professionals managing a dynamic tech stack supporting Marketing activities across a variety of channels and functions. The Systems Engineer works to enable developers and engineers to work faster and provides scalable infrastructure platforms.
A day in the life…
- Handle front-line tech support for Marketing
- Primarily macOS and Adobe Suite
- Perform software packaging and deployment tasks in conjunction with EPS
- Contributes to design, collaborates with local team and has scope/accountability
- Tests all scenarios and conforms to quality standards
- Measures and understand local scope
- Conforms to secure coding practices and secure system fundamentals
- Displays knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals related to own work
- Implement and evangelize tools used to expose infrastructure and application metrics to all of Nordstrom
- Work closely with development teams to understand and implement solutions to expose metrics and data to make better decisions
- Represent Nordstrom in the technical community, including contributing to open source as well as create documentation and standards used by your immediate team
You own this if you have....
- Experience with macOS desktop support; hardware setup and teardown; OS reinstallation; software troubleshooting
- Experience with macOS management in an enterprise setting; preferably JAMF Pro and/or Munki
- Experience with macOS software packaging
- Familiar with the Apple Device Enrollment Program
- Bash and/or Python scripting a plus
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Specifically packaging and deployment, but also troubleshooting and support
- Familiarity with FileMaker a plus
- Experience with file servers and network storage systems a plus
- Networking experience a plus
- Experience with enterprise single-sign-on a plus
- Familiarity with both on-premise and public cloud installations
- General positive, collaborative, and inclusive attitude
- Familiarity with basics of instrumentation
- Relevant practice-specific certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience in engineering or related field (preferred), may be recent grad
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://nordstrom.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nordstrom_careers/job/Seattle-WA/Systems-Engineer-1---Marketing-Technology_R-210284?source=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ