Employer: Granite Construction
QUALITY CONTROL TECH(Job Number: 2000018G)
This position is responsible for testing, sampling, and inspecting construction materials or elements in a laboratory or field setting to ensure compliance with the supplier and/or owner specifications. Level I technicians test, sample, or inspect one or more construction materials or elements. This position is in a field office location near materials source (aggregate/asphalt).
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Collect/prepare samples of one of the following construction materials; soil, aggregate, hot mix asphalt (HMA) or Portland cement concrete (PCC) in either a laboratory or field setting.
2. Perform quality control testing on one of the above materials in either a lab or field setting to ensure compliance with the supplier and/or owner specifications.
3. Perform inspections on one of the above materials in either a lab or field setting to ensure compliance with the supplier and/or owner specifications.
4. Prepare and communicate testing and inspection results to supervisors to ensure quality control standards are satisfied and process changes can be implemented.
5. Participate in and promote Granite’s safety procedures and policies to promote a safe working environment.
6. Comply with OSHA and MSHA rules and regulations in order to perform duties in a safe manner.
- High school diploma preferred
- Regional or State Agency certification desired
- Work ExperienceEntry level position (0-2 years)
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Basic PC skills - MS Word/Excel/Outlook
- Well developed communications skills demonstrated ability to work in a team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Valid drivers license and ability to drive
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to consistently abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct.
High school diploma preferred
Regional or State Agency certification desired
Entry level position (0-2 years)
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Basic computer skills
Good oral and written communication skills
Area of Interest Quality Management
Primary Location US-WA-Yakima
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://granite.taleo.net/careersection/*gc_ext_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=67042&emid=3640
Base Pay: DOQ