Employer: City of Kennewick
Customer Care Representative
Salary: $4,034.00 - $5,647.00 Monthly
Location: Kennewick City Hall, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: CCR08.2020
Closing: 9/13/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
The ideal candidate for this position will possess an Associate's degree in Business and/or Building, Construction and Planning related fields, be a certified International Code Compliance (ICC) Permit Technician or have equivalent years of experience in the same fields. The ideal candidate will have a mix of experience in customer service, customer resolution, attention to detail, cash handling experience, basic knowledge of ERP systems, have worked within a call center phone queue system and be able to work in a fast paced and priority shifting environment. Any experience in construction or basic ICC building code terminology is helpful but not mandatory. Multi-tasking and managing variable work-loads, while still providing exceptional customer service, are keys to success in the position. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment and have the ability to coordinate and utilize resources within other City departments.
For additional information, please see full job description and requirements listed below.
CORE VALUE STATEMENT:
The City of Kennewick will provide excellent public service and ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community and one another through the empowerment of each employee. We value integrity, inclusiveness, stewardship, and communication. We are accountable to our community for innovative and collaborative efforts that anticipate needs, leverage resources, and deliver solutions.
We expect our employees to ensure compliance with all applicable safety practices and policies, including those established by OSHA/DOSH regulations and by the City's Accident Prevention Plan. This includes but is not limited to actively identifying and correcting potential hazards that may affect employee and public safety, including those identified by co-workers. Leading by example to promote a positive culture of workplace safety through everyday action; emphasizing safe completion of work throughout all aspects of developing and carrying out work plans.
This position delivers a variety of services to customers using a centralized, one-stop service delivery model. The incumbent, along with other One Stop staff, operates from a centrally located and very public desk where he/she works to minimize the number of times customers need to interact with the City to obtain services and information, provides follow through until customer needs are satisfied and issues are resolved, works with staff and others inside and outside the organization to resolve issues, and deals with as many of the customer's needs as possible at one time. The incumbent is viewed as a "go to" person with broad organizational knowledge. Additionally, this position performs a variety of duties related to the efficient functioning of the One Stop operation and multi-tasking is essential. PC usage is heavy, and the incumbent must possess considerable knowledge and experience in the application/operation of various software programs.
Examples of Work Performed (Illustrative Only):
- The following list reflects the essential job duties and responsibilities of this classification, but should not be considered all-inclusive. The incumbent will be expected to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide direct services to the public and respond to inquiries on a wide range of topics. Customer inquiries are in person, over the telephone, internet, by fax, and through e-mail. The incumbent will prioritize customer requests and personally resolve the issue whenever possible; assist customers in locating and completing application forms; determine the best means of meeting the customer's needs; perform research necessary to address customer issues or concerns; adapt guidelines and policies to varied situations while maintaining consistency when interpreting unclear guidelines or policies; work with other individuals inside and outside the organization as necessary to obtain a solution and/or deliver service; and take accountability for follow-through with the customer to bring closure to the request, service issue or problem.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements to service delivery throughout the organization by providing input on methods that will enhance the mission of the City in delivering exceptional customer service; encourage consistent customer service delivery across the organization; and promote a positive and professional public image of the City.
- Track and analyze information and provide reports on customer service responsiveness, volumes and trends. The incumbent maintains integrity of systems and databases that capture relevant customer service data; coordinates with staff in collecting data and using databases; evaluates information generated to identify trends or problems; recommends solutions to ensure service responsiveness; and performs other miscellaneous data entry, data retrieval, and computer operations.
- Conduct permit technician duties to include intake and issuance of building permits. Provide initial review of permit applications for completeness, zoning requirements, plot plans and other necessary information for permit approval. Provide recommendations and guidance to customers where applicable.
- Perform fee payment and cashiering duties in accordance with established rates, policies and auditing requirements. The incumbent operates equipment, ten key, cash drawer, and credit machine as needed to process transactions; calculates fees owed; reconciles transactions and resolves out-of-balance conditions; processes work in a manner that results in a complete and evident audit trail; prepares comprehensive and accurate documentation of transactions and adjustments.
- Provide guidance and review of the City's Business Licensing system in partnership with the Department of Revenue. Process specialty and temporary licenses and check for appropriate zoning. Resolve questions and issues related to license approval with the City.
- Intake and process Parks and Recreation program registrations and facility rentals.
- Utilize a one-stop area to direct and guide customers requiring interaction with other departmental staff and schedule appointments for other departmental staff as deemed appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position requires an Associate's degree in business, marketing, civil engineering, building construction, planning or related field and four or more years of progressively responsible related experience in direct customer service base, and handling difficult and varied customer issues, or any combination of relevant education and experience sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties listed above.
- Must obtain a Permit Technician Certification within 18 months of employment.
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
- Must maintain a level of mental and physical fitness required to perform the essential functions of this classification.
- Must maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
To perform the essential functions of the classification, incumbents must be able to meet the following physical requirements: must regularly talk, hear/listen, see/observe, sit, stand and walk; must regularly demonstrate fine motor skills; must occasionally exert up to 10 pounds of force.
The initial work schedule for this classification will be full-time, Monday through Friday. Early mornings, evenings and weekend work may be occasionally required. Overtime may be occasionally required. This classification is non-exempt under the FLSA.
Agency: City of Kennewick
Address: P.O. Box 6108 Kennewick, Washington, 99336
Phone: (509) 585-4240
Location: Kennewick, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kennewick/jobs/2847730/customer-care-representative?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $4,034 - $5,647 MO