Employer: City of Richland
Job Title: Maintenance Craftsworker I (Streets)
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 09/04/20 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $26.28 - $30.31 Hourly
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: City Shops: 2700 Duportail - Richland, Washington
Under the direction of the Streets Supervisor or designee, performs semi-skilled work in the construction and maintenance of streets, trails, sidewalks and railroad facilities; operates whackers/plate compactors, skid steer, front loader, dump trucks, tankers and snow removal equipment including deicers. Subject to work after hours and weekends as required.
Please note this position will be posted internally/externally concurrently. However, only qualified, regular full-time, IUOE members will be given first consideration if they apply within the first five (5) working internal days of posting.
If no qualified IUOE members apply within the internal posting closing date/time, then all qualified external applicants will be considered. Internal applicants who apply after the initial five (5) day posting will compete with qualified external applicants.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year of experience in streets maintenance and/or construction, or closely related experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Valid driver's license including a Class "A" CDL with tanker endorsement upon hire date.
- Valid ISMA Level I Certification in signs and markings within one (1) year of hire date.
- Valid Flagger's Card upon hire date.
- Two (2) years of experience in streets maintenance and construction to include concrete (sidewalk, curb and gutter), asphalt, crack sealing.
- Prior experience performing traffic control functions, to include set-up and tear down of proper traffic control devices.
- Experience making and installing street signs.
- Valid ISMA Level I Certification in signs and markings.
Final selection will be made based on qualifications and an oral interview process, which may include skills testing.
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.ci.richland.wa.us/departments/administrative-services/human-resources/job-opportunities
Base Pay: $26.28 - $30.31 HR