Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Job Location: Yakima - Yakima, WA
Job Title: Database Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Database Administration Manager
- Proven experience building and deploying the SQL scripts in multiple environments.
- Experienced in database design, optimization, and tuning.
- Experience with database backup and recovery, including implementing disaster recovery standards.
- Service oriented mentality, able to work within a team and independently.
- Exposure to supporting a 24/7 data dependent global environment.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate proficiently to a non-technical audience.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- 3-5 years of experience within Database Administration using the following software applications/tools:
- Microsoft SQL 2014/2016, Access 2014, MySQL
- ASP.NET C#, Visual Studio, PHP
- MS Azure
- Reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS);
- Transact-SQL (T-SQL) stored procedures, functions, triggers, and database optimization
- Experience with other programming languages a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics suite, CRM/BI
- Understanding of SOAP, JSON, and 3rd party APIs
- Experience in Windows and Linux environments
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and 3-5 years of varying environmental experiences centered around database support, design, and development.
Responsible for providing technical support for the enterprise database environment including overseeing the development, organization and integration of databases, the assessment and implementation of new technologies, supplying a strategic long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to business opportunities, participating in numerous application development projects with medium to high complexity, performing capacity planning, researching, evaluating and recommending new tools and techniques to keep the business supplied with the right data to make informed decisions, and managing the day-to-day activities of subordinate staff.
- Promote data standards, system procedures, security policies, and database best practices.
- Take ownership of database-related ad hoc requests, incidents, alerts, escalations, research and respond to resolve in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with user groups, development teams, and ops team to plan and communicate database upgrades/ patches and releases.
- Support the deployment of enterprise applications from the database side, Business Intelligence (BI), including the installation of software and the design, build and maintenance of multiple supporting environments (development, test, and production).
- Responsible for the design, development and administration of transactional and analytical data constructs/structures.
- Responsible for database performance tuning, monitoring, software installs and upgrades, scripting, and physical and logical database design.
- Design, develop, and test backup and recovery procedures along with supporting disaster recovery solutions.
- Perform security and access control on all databases and provide audit reports as required.
- Track and manage database problems with appropriate vendor support channels.
- Oversee activities for which subordinate staff are responsible.
- Maintain the administrative requirements concerning management of personnel, including (but not limited to) their training, compensation and performance evaluations.
- Remain vigilant in the pursuit and presentation of process improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Ensure that federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety and sustainability.
- Follow all SOPs pertaining to the respective business process.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=22633&clientkey=D51E9348512510B87E83CE86A406F2E8
Base Pay: DOQ