Refrigeration wholesale distributor looking for someone to fill a counter sales position with the following skills in our Yakima WA location…
- Answer customer questions.
- Advises customer on equipment and materials needed.
- Arranges delivery of goods.
- Stocks and maintains showroom displays.
- Obtains or transfers merchandise to and from other locations.
Prepare invoice, accepts payments and makes change.
· Box or bags merchandise for customers and assists customer in loading and unloading supplies.
· Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed
· Establish and maintain good customer relations
· Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance
· Coordinate with purchasing department any product shortage or outages
· Ensure all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed
· Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and management
· Maintain and restock warehouse and store
· Operate forklift and other equipment as required
Perform duties of warehouseman and delivery driver when necessary (if qualified)
· Perform general housekeeping duties as required
Other Duties as Required:
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established RSD/TC policies is a condition of employment.
_ Minimum Qualifications: _
· Ability to handle cash transactions accurately
· Computer skills or some knowledge of computer order entry system
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
· Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs., and occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs., frequent bending
· Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours
· Must be able to work overtime, when necessary
· Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
_ Previous Experience Desired: _
· Customer service or sales experience within the refrigeration industry
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $23.00 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Bonus pay
To keep our employees and customers safe, we provide masks, gloves, sanitizer and cleaning supplies for work stations.
• Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
• Every other week
• Store Manager
• N/A - fixed schedules
Employees working per shift:
• 5 or fewer
• Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
• High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
• Waiting period may apply
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/l-Yakima,-WA-jobs.html?vjk=cc1508044ce44e14&advn=2851211439082009
Base Pay: DOQ