Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Production Worker/Operator is responsible for monitoring, cleaning and ensuring quality of product being produced by equipment. This person will be responsible for a clean and safe environment for themselves, fellow employees and visitors.
• Operate processing and packaging equipment with an emphasis on quality.
• Follow all guidelines for work safety and good manufacturing process.
• Inspect, operate or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
• Follow all food safety and hygiene policies.
• Conduct and record product quality control tests.
• Maintains accurate production documentation as required.
• Maintain a clean work environment ensuring that there are no debris on the floor or machines and all tools and equipment are in the proper location.
• Manually handles, repacks, or restacks pallets of finished product as needed.
• Operates forklift as needed.
• Documents all related activities and completes forms and reports.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
Experience, Education, and Licensure/Certification Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license preferred.
• At least two years of work experience in a production plant preferred.
• Individual must be able to work cohesively as part of a team.
• Must maintain a good attitude and be professional daily.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Basic understanding of or ability to quickly learn company product codes and terminology.
• Thorough understanding of good manufacturing processes.
• Must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Good analytical skills and ability to make sound judgments.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
• Ability to perform repetitive and physical demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, working at heights, climbing, pushing, pulling, twisting and stooping).
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, loud, and labor intensive environment in variable temperatures (from outdoor heat to indoor refrigerated coolers).
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
•Employee Assistance Program
•Flexible Spending Account
•Paid Time Off
•10 Hour Shift
•12 hour shift
•8 Hour Shift
•Monday to Friday
•production: 1 year (Required)
•Yakima, WA 98903 (Required)
•United States (Required)
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/l-Yakima,-WA-jobs.html?vjk=ef5b5b9cfe41c1f4
Base Pay: DOQ