Employer: J.R. Simplot Company
Maintenance Support Technician 1 Idaho FG
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role exists to ensure efficient operation of all industrial mechanical equipment for the facility. This includes mechanical maintenance, lubrication, sanitation, troubleshooting and repair of all equipment from Raw Receiving to Stretch Wrapping and at the Water Recovery Plant. The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the industrial mechanical equipment throughout the facility and have the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates. We have one opening on Night Shift.
• Maintains necessary level of communication with team members and other support groups and does so in a participative management style, conducive with operational goals.
• Maintains Company standards for safety, quality, food safety, sanitation and GMPs: Works within safety rules and regulations in actively avoiding injury to self and others. Ensures proper food safety sanitation and cleaning procedures of all processing equipment and tools.
• Responsible for performing a variety of skilled duties to include but not limited to the following: painting, carpentry, cement masonry, plumbing, dry wall and/or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining and repairing Simplot owned and operated building and facilities.
• Ensures that equipment including, but not limited to pumps, motors, hydraulic systems and product transport system are properly lubricated following the specifications of the Company or the manufacturer.
• Performs wire feed, stick, heliarc and acetylene welding on stainless steel, black iron, aluminum and other types of metals for repair and fabrication as required.
• Disassembles and reassembles equipment throughout the Water Recovery Plant including, but not limited to: pumps, motors, gearboxes, valves, hydraulic systems, coupler and alignment systems.
• Maintains inventory level of knives and assists with set up of mechanical and hydro cutting systems for production runs and is responsible for the maintenance of high-speed cutter heads, the dicing cutter system and any other cutting equipment.
Technical/vocational certification (or equivalent)
3+ years related experience and/or training
Other Information :
• Must have basic computer skills of word processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
• Must have ability to conduct self in a professional manner and ensures personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job function while representing the Company.
• Must have the ability to use electrical and electronic test equipment for performing maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Must be able to read and understand documentation such as, technical manuals, blue prints, schematics, letter diagrams, P & ID drawings, equipment manuals, and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and/or as a team member.
• Must be able to communicate verbally with team members.
• Must have the ability to lift 50lbs, climb stairs, ladders, catwalks, and maneuver in close quarters.
• Ability to identify and distinguish colors (i.e., wiring, instrumentation, color codes, etc.).
• Work exposures may include, but not limited to: extreme weather, dust, heights, noise, chemical and electrical hazards.
Pay Rate: 30.76
Job Requisition ID: 1350
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Idaho Plant - Caldwell
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
Location: Caldwell, ID
Application Method: Online: https://careers.simplot.com/job/Caldwell-Maintenance-Support-Technician-1-Idaho-FG-ID-83607-9221/669031200/?feedId=306600&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=Simplot_Indeed&jobPipeline=Indeed
Base Pay: $30.76 HR