Metrie is hiring for a Millwright Apprentice in Ferndale, WA!
Metrie remains open as an essential business in Washington to serve our communities as a supplier of home improvement and construction products, and we are looking for motivated individuals like YOU to join our team.
At Metrie, we are committed to the health and safety of our team members and are following health authority recommendations in practicing regular cleaning procedures and enforcing social distancing at our facility.
Who We Are:
At Metrie, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our team members! We like to have fun and we pride in our mission to turn "houses into homes" and to create beautiful interior spaces.
- Competitive wages and benefits ($20-23 per hour depending on experience)
- 401k matching program
- A clean and safe indoor work environment
- Training and opportunity for advancement
- Outstanding team support
- 4-day work week so you can enjoy a 3-day weekend - what a bonus!
What You’ll Do:
As the Millwright Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to help our Metrie business operate smoothly by installing, dismantling, maintaining, repairing, reassembling, and moving or machinery and mechanical equipment in the Ferndale, WA facility.
You will report directly to the Production Manager in Ferndale and will be a key member of the Metrie Ferndale Manufacturing team.
At a high-level, you will:
- Support plant continuous improvement initiatives (i.e. safety, SMED, yield improvement, 5S)
- Ensure daily production continuously meets requirements of IFOTIS (In full, On Time, In Spec)
- Locate root cause of issues by observing machinery, monitoring equipment, and precision testing
- Control downtime by informing the production team of preventative maintenance techniques
- Fabricate and repair parts using machine shop instrumentation (e.g. milling, lathe, grinders, etc.)
- Maintain continuity between different production teams and work shifts
Who You Are:
During the training and onboarding process, you must be available during the following weekday shifts:
- Day Shift: Monday – Thursday, 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Swing/Night Shift: Monday – Thursday, 5:00 PM to 3:30 AM
In addition, you are an ideal candidate if you:
- Are enrolled in a Millwright Apprenticeship program and are working towards your certification
- Have strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Are great at communicating with others in both verbal and written format
- Are knowledgeable of production equipment and millwright best practices
- Are well-versed in Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Electrical, with basic knowledge of PLC’s
- Are familiar with Microsoft Windows applications, web-based applications, and SAP
How to Apply?
If you'd love to work with us, send us your resume by clicking "Apply Now". We look forward to reviewing your application!
Metrie embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and customers feel like they belong. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite any and all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team.
Location: Ferndale, WA
Application Method: Online: https://cho.tbe.taleo.net/cho02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=METRIE&cws=44&rid=862&source=Indeed.com
Base Pay: $20-$23 HR