Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
A Plant Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the geothermal power plants in the assigned area of responsibility. An Operator uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and adjust plant operating parameters. Performs a variety of operational activities such as plant equipment troubleshooting and LOTO. Assist in the development of standard operational routines, procedures and provides input to plant improvement projects to optimize plant efficiency, reliability, and safety. Regularly required to maintain plant security, operate plant equipment including man-lifts, forklifts, and handle bulk chemicals offloads. An active participant in his/her training and providing training to other employees. A plant operator must be able to control and operate plant equipment to generate electrical energy safely and efficiently. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Additional job duties assigned as business needs dictate.
• Senior-level; recognized technical expertise in own and possibly related functions.
• Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
• Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical issues.
• Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results are of the highest quality standards and advanced technical competency.
• Errors may be serious, usually not subject to direct verification or check.
• Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
• Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with Team Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in resolution of complex issues.
• Works under limited supervision.
• Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
• Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in complex technical areas.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent.
• Senior-level; generally, 10+ years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration appliances. Experience with machinery repair and control systems.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity, and mathematics.
• Advanced certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3466&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Middletown, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ