Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
A Plant Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the geothermal power plants in the assigned area of responsibility, this can include up to three power plants. An Operator uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and adjust plant operating parameters. Performs a variety of operational activities such as plant equipment trouble shooting and LOTO. Assist in the development of standard operational routines, procedures and provides input to plant improvement projects to optimize plant efficiency, reliability, and safety. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Regularly required to maintain plant security, operate plant equipment including man-lifts, forklifts, and handle bulk chemicals offloads. Is responsible to be an active participant in their personal training and the training of fellow colleagues. A plant operator must be able to control and operate plant equipment to generate electrical energy safely and efficiently and must be able to complete other tasks as assigned.
• Entry-level; practical operating knowledge to perform job.
• Performs standardized, ongoing duties and tasks.
• Routine decisions.
• With guidance, ensures timely and accurate performance of responsibilities for a single trade, group of closely related tasks or functional area.
• Work typically reviewed by others; work reflects developing competency and basic skills.
• Errors may cause simple rework or correction to a single task.
• Duties and tasks are standardized.
• Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under direct supervision and/or defined parameters.
• Prioritizes basic tasks; priorities typically guided by standard practices or by others.
• Receives training but uses some specialized skills where technical experience can be applied to assigned tasks. Assists more experienced Operator Technicians.
• High School Diploma and attendance in trade school, military service or equivalent.
• Entry level: minimum 2 years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration appliances. Additional experience with machinery repair and control systems preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity, and mathematics.
• Begins to achieve primary certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3464&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Middletown, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ