Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for chemical analysis required for permit and compliance monitoring. Performs tests at various stages of the process to determine and maintain compliance and reliability of systems. Provide support to Engineers and Operating department in evaluating plant efficiency and chemical optimization. Responsibilities include but are not limited to setting up and performing tests and conducting chemical analysis, conducting pipeline and wellhead sampling, water quality sampling and testing, determining conformity to quality and reliability standards and documenting deviations, maintaining laboratory conditions. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Maintains safe work environment and contributes to operating procedures to ensure consistent and safe operations.
• Senior-level; recognized technical expertise in own and possibly related functions.
• Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
• Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical issues.
• Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results are of the highest quality standards and advanced technical competency.
• Errors may be serious, usually not subject to direct verification or check.
• Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
• Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with Team Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in resolution of complex issues.
• Works under limited supervision.
• Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
• Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in complex technical areas.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent.
• Senior-level; generally, 10+ years directly related experience in a laboratory or completion of a laboratory science curriculum (e.g. biology or chemistry).
• A minimum of three years geothermal experience
• Requires previous solid computer skills, specifically building, modifying spreadsheets and databases.
• Advanced understanding of safety regulations, and effective use hazardous chemicals, wear personal protective equipment
• Advanced understanding of chemistry, physics, and mathematics (Algebra).
• Advanced certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
Please apply through the link provided: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3471&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Pittsburg, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ