Employer: MacKay Manufacturing
CNC Operator II
Spokane Valley, WA, USA
Work on state of the art 3-14 axis CNC equipment, opportunity to help solve a variety problems, small shop atmosphere, variety of jobs, 401(K) with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, plenty of room for growth!
• Operate CNC mills, lathes and/or mill turning centers; load and unload raw material and machined parts with a close attention to detail
• Accurately perform basic program changes as required and modify tool paths in CAM systems while following procedure for documenting program changes
• Ability to effectively run multiple machines simultaneously
• Advanced understanding of blue print diagrams including features and dimensions; precise interpretation of GD&T
• Perform timely, detailed visual inspection of machined parts utilizing magnification to identify workmanship and cosmetic issues at the beginning of a part run
• Perform inspection and measurement utilizing micrometers, calipers, height gauges, CMM other appropriate inspection methods and tools to ensure machined part dimensions, features and tolerance requirements are met per print specification
• Perform set up of complex, repeat jobs on CNC machines per setup sheets and provided documentation
• Follow all paperwork and documentation procedures including but not limited to: tie-in log notes, setup sheets, QA sheets and routing cards
• Ensure communication flow down of pertinent detail on all jobs utilizing any means necessary; verbal, team meeting, taking notes, updating setup sheets and logs, etc.
• Perform job tear downs; removing tools, updating setup sheets, returning materials to proper location
• Maintain high regard for quality of workmanship and compliance to customer requirements
• Maintain cooperative attitude and willingness to learn
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
• Overtime and shift changes may be required as business needs demand
• Comply with all quality requirements while continually maintaining and improving the effectiveness of MacKay's quality management system
• Support and participate in department goals as well as company goals
• Look for opportunities to learn and share your knowledge and skills
• Punctual attendance; at your work area at shift start
• Treat others with respect and maintain a professional attitude
• Be honest in all dealings
• Other duties as assigned
• 2 or more years CNC Operator experience with demonstrated ability to set up basic, repeat jobs
• 1 or 2 year machining technology certificate/degree preferred
• Intermediate knowledge of CNC machine capabilities, controls, G&M code, material properties, set-up techniques
• Precision utilization of inspection equipment including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, height gauges, magnification, CMM
• Advanced understanding of blue print dimensions and features; advanced knowledge of GD&T
• Strong desire, willingness and ability to grow yourself and learn from others, while sharing your knowledge with others and building good relationships with peers
• Intermediate computer navigation and software skills including Word, Excel and Visual manufacturing
Physical Demands, Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, requirements and specifications. Ability to write instructional notes and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and participate in discussions with groups of peers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as tolerance, fractions, and other measurements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions for verification. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while performing machining and setup work. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch.
Location: Spokane Valley, WA
Application Method: Online: https://mackaymfg.applicantpro.com/jobs/1387319.html
Base Pay: DOQ