Automation & Controls Specialist
Brownsville, TX, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AUTOMATION & CONTROLS SPECIALIST:
Working for the Automation & Controls team, the Automation & Controls Specialist will be responsible for installation and commissioning of new automation assets, panel builds and drawing updates. Additionally the Automation & Controls Specialist will be responsible for assisting maintenance with troubleshooting and repairs of existing assets, with the focus on improving long term reliability of systems, rather than implementing quick fix solutions.
- Redline, modify and correct electrical and pneumatic schematics for automated tooling using EPLAN electrical and fluid
- Wire and commission electrical and pneumatic automated control systems
- Build control panels to NFPA 79 & UL 508A standards
- Design and commission basic PLC and HMI software applications
- Troubleshoot and modify PLC software where required
- Develop new, and improve on existing production and R&D robot application programming
- Promote 5S principles of organizing and sustaining efficient and presentable team work spaces
- High school diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience in a controls role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety), NFPA 79 & UL508A codes
- Occupational trade school qualification in an electrical based field
- Demonstrable hands-on skill in fault finding, problem resolution
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to bring multiple departments with different priorities together and support them in achieving common goals
- Strong, working knowledge of NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety), NFPA 79 & UL508A codes
- PLC and HMI programming experience
- Industrial machine networking experience
- Electrical schematic drawing experience
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated leadership experience, able to lead/supervise a team
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
- Must be willing to work significant overtime as needed
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location: Brownsville, TX
Application Method: Online: https://boards.greenhouse.io/spacex/jobs/4712553002?gh_jid=4712553002
Base Pay: DOQ