Employer: The Neil Jones Food Company
Yakima Field Operations Office Clerk
Neil Jones Food Company - Yakima, WA
Posted: 7/9/2020 - Expires: 10/7/2020
Job ID: 218817903
The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for a Field Operations Office Clerk at our Field Operations Office in Yakima, WA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh-packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Summary: Responsible to provide administrative support to the field office to ensure growers are paid timely and in accordance with established processes and procedures. This is a part-time position during the fresh pack season, July – October. This position will be based in Yakima, part of the Field Operations team.
- Creates and maintains Excel spreadsheets to track grower shipments and invoicing.
- Processes invoices for growers by working with Corporate Accounts Payable Department on pricing, grading and vendor set up; tracks payments and ensures timely processing.
- Inputs freight rates; audits freight payables information and maintains supporting documentation.
- Assists and facilitates damage and claims resolution.
- Assists in resolving unusual or complex pricing or payment issues, including inconsistencies in information, problems with reports or database, and missing or inaccurate data.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED); Associate’s degree in business or related field preferred; or, an equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of the position.
- One year of experience in data entry and maintaining documentation, preferably in a food manufacturing environment; excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal English language communication skills with internal employees and outside customers.
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test and to work overtime as required during the harvest season July – October.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://seeker.worksourcewa.com/jobview/GetJob.aspx?JobID=218817903&JobTitle=Yakima+Field+Operations+Office+Clerk&isjs=2&where=Yakima&rad_units=miles&pp=25&nosal=true&vw=b&setype=2&jsrdt=56%2f18%2f2020+12%3a56%3a36&jsrdt=02%2f18%2f2020+13%3a02%3a26&pade=&pade=&pg=4&re=3&jpt=1
Base Pay: DOQ