Employer: Mission Support Alliance, LLC
Title: Maintenance Specialist
Position Number: 33196
Company: Mission Support Alliance, LLC
City/State: Richland, WA
Job Duties/Scope Of Work
This position provides maintenance expertise and support to Electrical Utilities. Responsibilities typically include, but are not limited to, technical consultant on problems and issues concerning safe and efficient maintenance operations of Electrical Transmission and Distribution systems and equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
* Act as technical consultant on problems and issues concerning safe and efficient operations and maintenance of Hanford Site Transmission and Distribution systems.
* Act as technical authority of Electrical Utilities Maintenance and Test Equipment and select maintenance procedures.
* Develop approved work instructions for Electrical Utilities Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs.
* Identify and prepare justification for capital equipment to support continuity of plant operation and upgrade requirements.
* Participate on Design Review Teams, Startup Readiness Review Teams, Independent Assessment Teams, and other special committees to provide technical comments and input.
* Develop and implement capital upgrade projects that extend plant/equipment life, reduce plant/equipment operating costs, improve plant/equipment operating efficiency, enhance plant/equipment safety, and/or increase plant/equipment availability and reliability.
* Recommend policy changes and develop implementation plans and provide mentoring, as necessary.
* Develop and implement preventive/predictive maintenance programs including schedules and procedures to enhance plant availability and reliability.
* Develop and implement spare parts/equipment strategies to provide balance of cost-effectiveness and down time.
* Troubleshoot equipment failures and provide technical guidance on repair methods, replacement economics, and/or operating techniques. Provide guidance on troubleshooting methods and techniques that comply with procedures.
* Analyze equipment and systems problems to determine corrective actions to return equipment and systems to normal service. Analyze related processes to improve efficiency in corrective maintenance.
* Develop complete preventive maintenance procedures, checklists, and equipment standards for equipment and systems.
* Assist in requested design reviews, procedure reviews, proposal reviews, cost/benefit analysis, and the review and analysis of specific plant maintenance operating problems.
* Write maintenance/repair procedures based on information supplied by others.
* Conduct reviews and analysis of basic systems/components. Participate in planning and conducting equipment/systems tests.
* Provide field and/or administrative support for plant/system modifications.
* Act as Buyer's Technical Representative for Maintenance Subcontracts.
* Maintains knowledge of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner.
* Support with other maintenance based tasks as needed.
* BA/BS, or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus a minimum of 6 years related experience in electrical maintenance.
* Self-starter with strong organizational abilities. Resourceful, with the demonstrated ability to prioritize work and to develop and maintain positive working relationships with field crews, management and senior staff.
* Experience with writing technical documents and communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, to multiple levels of the organization.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office.
* 8 years related experience in electrical maintenance.
* Previous experience working with union represented employees.
* Previous electrical utility experience.
* Experience in work planning or work management.
* Ability to qualify, within 12 months, as a field work supervisor.
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://bms.hanford.gov/HRISJP/JobDetail.aspx?BU=MSC&ID=33196&PT=E
Base Pay: DOQ