Employer: Virginia Mason Memorial Main
Full Time, Day, Mon-Fri, 8am - 5pm
Req # 15172
Biweekly Hours: 80
Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
The Accountant supports financial operations by performing complex accounting services related to preparing, analyzing, maintaining and reviewing various financial statements, records and reports.
1. Prepares monthly general and standard journal entries, income and balance sheet statements, account reconciliations, cost reports and various other accounting statements and reports; provides nterpretation of results as appropriate.
2. Prepares federal, state and other regulatory reports, ensuring compliance with established guidelines; stays informed of governmental regulations and procedures affecting the institution's finance and accounting procedures.
3. Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and/or expenditures as appropriate.
4. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries.
5. Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
6. Researches and resolves problems pertaining to financial reporting systems, ensuring compliance with procedures and policies.
7. Serves as resource to accounting staff with respect to account reconciliations, journal entries, and preparation of financial statements and reports.
8. Works closely with other departments, co-workers, and management to achieve positive outcomes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or a directly related field required.
Experience: One year of experience in a healthcare accounting setting preferred.
Virginia Mason Memorial, part of the Virginia Mason Health System, is made up of a 226-bed hospital as well as 20+ primary care and specialty care practices/services. We are a nonprofit community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima valley for more than 60 years. We are seeking remarkable employees with a passion for patients and customer service to add to our growing team!
We offer a two-tier benefit plan including medical, dental, vision coverage, plus a generous 401K plan (with matching!), life insurance options, competitive compensation, an employee wellness clinic and leadership development and education.
Why do we do what we do? As the region’s leading health care provider and Yakima’s largest employer, we believe that by improving health, we can transform Yakima! Our vision is to "create healthy communities one person at a time." This means that each member of our award-winning team works to provide our patients, and their families, with the best medical and individual care possible. We work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Stewardship, and Innovation for everyone who walks through our doors, patients and coworkers alike. We would love to hear from you!
“Virginia Mason Memorial provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will.”
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/yakimavalley/#/job/11230
Base Pay: DOQ