Medical Assistant - Certified
Full Time, Day, Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 pm
Req # 15131
Biweekly Hours: 80
Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
The Medical Assistant provides direct patient care within the scope of their certification while assisting the provider as needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, include:
1. Rooms patients, takes vital signs, identifies chief complaint and gathers patient’s medical history.
2. Recognizes and participates in clinical emergencies as needed.
3. Provides basic patient education and distributes educational materials as appropriate.
4. Performs immunizations as instructed by the provider.
5. Processes requests for patient medication refills as defined in refill protocol.
6. Explains discharge or follow-up instructions.
7. Cleans and prepares room for next patient, i.e. discards trash and puts away supplies.
8. Continuously employs infection control and blood-borne pathogen standards.
9. Assists provider as requested.
10. Maintains productivity and clinical flow efficiently.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
Experience: One year experience preferred.
Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Washington State (DOH) Medical Assistant – Certified licensure required. American Heart Association BLS required.
Virginia Mason Memorial, part of the Virginia Mason Health System, is made up of a 226-bed hospital as well as 20+ primary care and specialty care practices/services. We are a nonprofit community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima Valley for more than 60 years. We are seeking remarkable employees with a passion for patients and customer service to add to our growing team!
We offer a two-tier benefit plan including medical, dental, vision coverage, plus a generous 401K plan (with matching!), life insurance options, competitive compensation, an employee wellness clinic, and leadership development and education.
Why do we do what we do? As the region’s leading healthcare provider and Yakima’s largest employer, we believe that by improving health, we can transform Yakima! Our vision is to "create healthy communities one person at a time." This means that each member of our award-winning team works to provide our patients, and their families, with the best medical and individual care possible. We work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Stewardship, and Innovation for everyone who walks through our doors, patients and coworkers alike. We would love to hear from you!
“Virginia Mason Memorial provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will.”
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/yakimavalley/#/job/11088
Base Pay: DOQ