Employer: Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker- Lacey, WA
Posted: 8/11/2020-Expires: 9/11/2020
Job ID: 219436332
The Technician Apprentice will partner with their assigned mentor technician to learn and develop their skills as a technician. The Apprentice will participate in a two-year (depending on state requirements) program, focused on internal and external training and development in preparation for a technician role. The Apprentice will be responsible for completing all required coursework, participation in state mandated apprentice program as required, and completing work assigned my manager and mentor.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Install intrusion, fire, CCTV, and access control security systems.
* Attend and complete training programs and Stanley coursework as required.
* Pursue additional licensing/apprenticeship program participation as required by state.
* Present a professional appearance and maintain a clean, orderly and professional image.
* Perform work assignments in a safe manner and within specified cost limits.
* Partner with mentor technician to learn and complete assigned projects, and daily ride-along s for on-the-job training.
* Assist and interface with the Branch Project Manager regarding on-site scheduling of work activities and timely delivery of equipment.
* Promote, build, and maintain good customer relations and assist with contract retention.
* Run electrical wiring in attics, crawl spaces, and other confined spaces, which can include drilling, trenching and aerial runs.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Valid Drivers License
* Technical degree or coursework in electrical, security, or computer systems.
* Ability to continuously spot problem areas, and act to improve systems and processes as appropriate.
* Strong work ethic, and willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding and energetic environment.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and attention to detail.
* Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
* Strong communication skills.
Technicians that work at Stanley Electronic Security are required to work in various conditions.
Some states have specific state licensing requirements. Check with the local branch for licensing requirements. May be requested to work overtime and weekends. Required travel as needed, up to 25%.
Technicians must be able to climb ladders that extend up to 24 feet in height, carry items up to 75 pounds, and hold avalid state driver s license without restrictions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and work on a computer; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
Employer's Job# 70845BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
Location: Lacey, WA
Application Method: Online: https://seeker.worksourcewa.com/jobview/GetJob.aspx?JobID=219436332&JobTitle=Apprentice+Technician&isjs=2&q=Apprentice+&rad_units=miles&pp=25&nosal=true&vw=b&setype=2&jsrdt=40%2f13%2f2020+09%3a40%3a36&pade=&jpt=1
Base Pay: DOQ