Chugach Governement Solutions- Oak Harbor, WA
Posted: 6/26/2020-Expires: 9/24/2020
Job ID: 218553333
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
Shareholder Hire Preference.
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN TO ELIGIBLE AND QUALIFIED CHUGACH SHAREHOLDERS, SPOUSES AND DESCENDANTS, AND SHAREHOLDERS OF OTHER ALASKA NATIVE CORPORATIONS. CHUGACH MAKES EVERY EFFORT TO IDENTIFY, HIRE, TRAIN, AND PROMOTE SHAREHOLDERS. CHUGACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER OR GENDER IDENTITY (EXCEPT WHERE GENDER IS A BONA FIDE OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION), NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, MARITAL STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER FACTOR PROTECTED BY LAW. CGS COMPLIES WITH APPLICABLE STATE AND LOCAL LAWS GOVERNING NONDISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT IN EVERY LOCATION IN WHICH THE COMPANY HAS FACILITIES. THIS POLICY APPLIES TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT, INCLUDING RECRUITING, HIRING, PLACEMENT, PROMOTION, TERMINATION, LAYOFF, RECALL, TRANSFER, LEAVES OF ABSENCE, COMPENSATION AND TRAINING.
THIS IS A UNION POSITION.
SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Incumbent uses various tools, testing instruments and equipment to install, inspect, repair, maintain, adjust and troubleshoot various pieces of electrical equipment.
This is a union position, pay is $42.71 per hour. We have generous benefits of 10 paid holidays and 120hrs paid leave per year. Also $4.95 per hour is paid toward Health and Welfare elections and $3.60 per hour contributed to the 401K plan, both of these are capped at 40 hours per week worked.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Performs a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
* Installs or repairs any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment.
* Works from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
* Locates and diagnoses trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
* Works standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
* Uses a variety of electricians hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
* Work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
* Troubleshoots and evaluates electrical systems.
* Inspects work to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, policies, and regulations.
* In a Scheduled rotation be available on-call within...
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Application Method: Online: https://seeker.worksourcewa.com/jobview/GetJob.aspx?JobID=218553333&JobTitle=Electrician+Union)&isjs=2&q=Electrician&rad_units=miles&pp=25&nosal=true&vw=b&setype=2&jsrdt=26%2f13%2f2020+09%3a26%3a58&pade=&jpt=1
Base Pay: This is a union position, pay is $42.71 per hour. We have generous benefits of 10 paid holidays and 120hrs paid leave per year. Also $4.95 per hour is paid toward Health and Welfare elections and $3.60 per hour contributed to the 401K plan, both of these are capped at 40 hours per week worked.