Employer: United Grain Corporation
JOB TITLE: VANCOUVER EXPORT TERMINAL - ELECTRICIAN
REPORTS TO: VANCOUVER EXPORT TERMINAL - MAINTENANCE MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
This position is responsible for the installation and maintenance of electrical wiring, fixtures, and systems within the facility. The export terminal is a 24x7 operation and will include a rotating work schedule. This position will be required to maintain a positive and forthright attitude that promotes teamwork and conducts themselves in a professional and favorable manner. Further, will be asked to support, uphold, and respect the Core Values of United Grain:
1. We respond to needs;
2. We develop solutions;
3. We communicate;
4. We adapt.
Required Education and Experience
•High School diploma or equivalent.
•Completion of formal apprenticeship and valid WA Electrical license required.
•PLC and control experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
•Troubleshoots motor controls and PLCs.
•Provides preventative maintenance.
•Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures.
•Installs conduits and pipes for electrical wires and cables.
•Ensures all wiring complies with electrical codes.
•Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
•Connects electrical systems to provide electricity, where needed.
•Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
•Inspects electrical systems to determine if repairs are needed.
•Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
•Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
•Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills in conjunction with good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment – both in proximity and practice.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Asked to be able to have prolonged periods of standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders/scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas in English by means of the spoken word and written format.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions of the job. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
United Grain Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38.00 - $40.00 per hour
•Paid Time Off
•12 Hour Shift
•Maintenance Electrician: 3 years (Preferred)
•Vancouver, WA 98660 (Required)
•WA Electrical License (Required)
•Able to work shift work on rotating days? This is a 7 day a week, 24-hour operation.
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
•Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
•People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
•Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
•Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
•Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
•A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
•Only full-time employees eligible
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Electricain%20&l=Washington%20State&radius=50&advn=9055516570150613&vjk=2c54d5ac35337b59
Base Pay: $38 - $40 HR