Employer: Modern Machinery
Modern Machinery has been in business for over 75 years. We sell, rent and service high-quality heavy equipment while providing exceptional customer service and product support to our customers. Modern Machinery is committed to our core values and creating a safe working environment for all our employees. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.modernmachinery.com.
Immediate opportunity for a full-time Welder/Fabricator; applicant must be highly motivated, self-directed and be able to succeed in a team environment. Qualified applicants will possess a professional, confident presence with a focus on accuracy, attention to detail, prioritization of demands, timeliness, and initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Welder/Fabricator is responsible for meeting production demands by completing jobs in a timely manner with attention to producing quality work. This work will include fabricating new and repairing used equipment.
• Able to set up and operate a welder, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to fabricate and repair parts.
• Ability to perform specific tasks using standard equipment used in metal fabrication such as saws, shear, welder, grinder, drills, etc., performing quality work with safe work practices at all times.
• Welding experience with SMAW, MIG, Oxy-Acetylene cutting. Plasma cutting and some air arc experience is required.
• Must to able to cope with a wide flange, angle, tube, and weld in flat and vertical positions.
• Ability to read, interpret and follow drawings/blueprints. Must be able to solve practical problems related to the fabrication of metal assembly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude
• Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines
• Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Must have excellent time management skills
• Strong work ethic
• Line boring skills a plus
• Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment
• Ability to perform other job-related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 5 years of practical experience in welding/fabrication or other related disciplines as evidenced by employment history, training, certification, personal interview and/or practical test as required
• Computer proficiency is required
Modern Machinery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WUQEWB&cws=37&rid=158&source=Indeed.com
Base Pay: DOQ