Job Title: Journey Level Mechanic
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs maintenance functions making repairs in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic breakdowns under minimal guidance of the maintenance supervisor.
• Plans, obtains cost estimates and executes projects under guidance of the maintenance supervisor.
• Troubleshoot and perform maintenance duties such as mechanical and electrical repairs.
• Provide training in areas of expertise or knowledge.
• Respond to work orders submitted by employees.
• Assist supervisor in ordering parts.
• Assist supervisor in developing and implementing a preventative maintenance program.
• Participate and execute actions from the quality improvement program.
• Support installation of new equipment and facilities improvements.
• Work safely by observing safety rules, policies, and procedures. Identify unsafe conditions or actions to my supervisor.
• Maintain compliance with company quality systems and support audits.
• Basic design and fabrication of repairs and process improvements.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Experience/knowledge in the following areas: Electrical circuit troubleshooting, PLC, Electronics, ARC flash, plumbing, steam and boiler, pneumatics, confined space, mobile equipment, Mig and Tig welding
• Ability to adapt to change
• Ability to problem solve and prioritize work
• Ability to bend, squat and kneel, and climb frequently
• Ability to stand for periods of a minimum of 3 hours
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to work varied hours/days
• Ability to lift average weighted materials, 50 lbs up to 70 lbs occasionally
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints mechanical and electrical schematics, piping diagrams, in orthographic, isometric, and sketch-views
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Mechanical Journeyman or Technical/Vocation Certificate preferred
• 5+ years of related exp working in a production environment preferred
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.internationalpaper.com/job/Union-Gap-Maintenance-Mechanic-WA-98903-1537/664745700/?locale=en_US
Base Pay: DOQ