Employer: John I. Haas, Inc.
JOHN I. HAAS, INC.
Title: B-Mechanic Date: August, 2018
Department: Pellet Division
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 1716 Gordon Road
City/State: Yakima, WA
Overall plant maintenance, covering all phases of mechanical ability and repair.
Immediate Supervisor: Pellet Production Supervisor
Senior Supervisor: Pellet Plant Manager
Direct Subordinates: None
Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential % of time 90%
1. Maintain plant equipment and facility.
2. Maintain parts and equipment inventory.
3. Assist A-Mechanic to monitor and maintain electrical systems.
4. Assist A-Mechanic to maintain ammonia system and compliance program.
5. Assist A-Mechanic to maintain opacity readings and filter maintenance.
6. Maintain plant safety equipment.
7. Maintain pneumatic systems.
8. Assist in implementation and installation of capital projects, as needed.
9. Assist in the training of Maintenance Helpers.
10. Maintain orderly, organized shop.
11. Communicate with Plant Manager, Plant Supervisor and maintenance team effectively via email, telephone, forms and in person.
Nonessential % of time 10%
1. Perform other duties requested by Plant Manager, Plant Supervisor, or Shift Crew Leader as assigned in accordance with company needs and requirements.
2. Participate in company sponsored training as required.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Scheduled for a 40-hour work week
2. May be requested to work overtime.
3. Be able to work on call in basis for repairs and for any shift requirements.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
1. Knowledge of all Maintenance Helper procedures.
2. Knowledge of all basics of mechanics, maintenance and repairs.
3. Able to work independently with equipment repairs during operation.
4. Knowledge of / learn about refrigeration equipment.
5. Knowledge of / learn about basic welding.
6. Knowledge of / learn about electrical systems.
7. Knowledge of pneumatic systems.
8. Knowledge of parts inventory.
9. Knowledge of FFSM packaging equipment.
10. Knowledge of in-line packaging equipment.
11. Be able to lift 50 lbs.
12. Be able to lift, twist, bend and reach.
13. Be able to climb ladders
14. Know flow system and trouble shooting.
15. Practice, monitor and enforce safety standards and rules.
All employees are required to comply with the John I. Haas Environmental Management System (EMS), and have been trained on the EMS, and in particular the Energy, Universal Waste and Emergency Response requirements. Other procedures from the EMS shall be trained and followed as applicable to requirements of the position.
Acceptable Experience and/or Training:
1. Must meet all Maintenance Helper A requirements of training or experience.
2. Have attended a trade school with welding courses and other shop related duties.
3. Five years on-job experience which included the above requirements.
4. Have been trained in handling universal/hazardous waste, preferred.
Contact Person: James Tilley
Phone: (509) 594-1375
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Phone
Base Pay: DOQ