Employer: John I. Haas Inc.
JOHN I. HAAS, INC.
Title: Instrument Tech / HVAC Tech
Date: February, 2019
Department: Pellet Division
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Gordon Road
City/State: Yakima, Washington
Overall plant maintenance, covering all phases of mechanical ability and documented training.
Immediate Supervisor: Pellet Production Supervisor Senior Supervisor: Pellet Plant Manager
Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential % of time: 90%
1. Maintain plant equipment and facility, particularly the packaging equipment and refrigeration equipment.
2. Aide Mechanic A maintaining parts and equipment inventory.
3. Monitor and maintain PLC electrical systems and all low voltage technology.
4. Maintain ammonia system and compliance program.
5. Aide Mechanic A maintaining opacity readings and filter maintenance.
6. Maintain plant safety equipment.
7. Maintain pneumatic systems.
8. Assist in implementation and installation of capital projects.
9. Fully participate in all functions and duties of the summer maintenance program.
10. Maintain orderly, organized shop.
11. Communicate with Plant Manager, Plant Supervisor and maintenance team effectively via email, telephone, forms and in person.
Nonessential % of time 10%
1. Perform other duties requested by Plant Manager or Plant Supervisor as assigned in accordance with company needs and requirements.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Scheduled to work 40-hour week
2. May be requested to work overtime.
3. Must work on-call.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
1. Knowledge of machinery/equipment and mechanics.
2. Knowledge of refrigeration equipment.
3. Knowledge of electrical systems.
4. Knowledge of parts inventory.
5. Knowledge of pneumatic systems.
6. Able to read blueprints.
7. Knowledge of FFSM packaging equipment.
8. Knowledge of all in-line packaging equipment.
9. Able to work independently.
10. Able to operate a forklift.
11. Able to climb ladders.
12. Adequate vision and hearing, with or without corrective lenses or aids.
13. Able to lift 50 lbs.
14. Practice, monitor and enforce safety standards and rules.
All employees are required to comply with the John I. Haas Environmental Management System (EMS), and have been trained on the EMS, and in particular the Energy, Universal Waste and Emergency Response requirements. Other procedures from the EMS shall be trained and followed as applicable to requirements of the position.
Acceptable Experience and/or Training:
1. Must have completed a course from a technical school such as; Perry technical institute and graduated as an Instrument Tech or HVAC training.
2. Have attended a trade school with mechanical or other shop related duties.
3. Preferred five years on-job experience which include the above requirements, in another manufacturing facility.
4. Have been trained in handling universal/hazardous waste (ie. Ammonia).
5. Have been trained in maintaining an ammonia system.
Contact Person: James Tilley
Phone: (509) 594-1375
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Phone
Base Pay: DOQ