Employer: RSG Forest Products
RSG Forest Products - Kalama - Kalama, WA 98625
$25 - $32 an hour
RSG Forest Products - Kalama is looking to hire a Manual Machinist.
This job is as honest as it gets. Stand proud, and support your family, working for RSG Forest Products, a third-generation family-owned timber products company. RSG Forest Products was founded in 1971 in Mist, Oregon. Over the years we have had thousands of employees work with us earning a fair day’s pay for a fair day’s work. We are now one of the largest timber products companies in the Pacific Northwest.
We operate a full-service custom machine shop that is responsible for maintaining and producing parts and equipment for our sawmills in the northwest. We have an immediate opening for a manual machinist to work alongside our lead machinist producing and repairing custom sawmill parts and machinery.
• The job is based at 985 NW 2nd St. in Kalama, WA.
• The shift is an 8-hour base, day shift position working Monday to Friday. Overtime and Saturdays as needed.
• Pays $25-$30+ per hour depending on experience.
• $25.00 to $30.00+ per hour, depending on experience.
• Health and dental insurance.
• 401k match - 25% up to 6% of your salary.
• Paid holidays, PTO, and vacation.
As a Manual Machinist, you will:
• Operate a variety of machine shop equipment including lathes, vertical and horizontal mills, surface grinders, etc.
• Be able to single-point thread using a lathe.
• Use a stick or wire feed welder to repair or fabricate parts.
• Manufacture parts and machinery using prints ranging from CAD drawings to sketches on the back of a napkin.
• Clean and maintain machine shop equipment.
• Be involved in developing new sawmill machinery and improving existing designs.
• You have a safety-first attitude and a healthy respect for machinery.
• You are able to work independently and as part of a team.
• You enjoy the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work put into action.
• You are able to come up with innovative solutions to mechanical problems.
• You are at least 18 years of age.
• You are punctual and reliable.
• Able to lift 50 lbs safely.
Our employees' health and safety are paramount which is why we are a 100% drug-free company and require all new employees to provide a clean drug test as part of the employment process.
About RSG Forest Products - Kalama:
RSG Forest Products was founded in 1971 in Mist, Oregon with the purchase and expansion of the Olympic sawmill producing green Douglas Fir dimension. Since then the company has expanded both its production capacity and product line, building and acquiring sawmills in Kalama, Washington, and Estacada and Molalla, Oregon. Today the company is one of the largest lumber manufacturing concerns in the Pacific Northwest, producing green Douglas Fir dimension, kiln-dried Douglas Fir and Hem-fir dimension, as well as Western Red Cedar fencing. Much has changed since 1971, but RSG is still family-owned and committed to the same principles it was founded upon. Our production capacity, flexibility, and shipping know-how make the difference for our customers.
Location: Kalama, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.rsgfp.com/employment
Base Pay: DOQ