Lead Material Handling Equipment PLC Controls Technician
Troutdale, Oregon, United States
Facilities Management/Engineering/Maintenance - 20016220
CBRE Technical and Engineering Services: Join Our Team
CBRE’s Technical and Engineering Services has opportunities for professionals with HVAC, electrical, plumbing, material handling and other trade skills within facilities maintenance—from entry-level to seasoned management, we have a career for you. Start your journey: https://www.cbre.us/about/careers/technical-trades
This position provides support within fulfillment center operations, focusing on maintaining, troubleshooting and modifying material handling control systems equipment to ensure operational performance of material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and modifies software programs for material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Provides first level escalation support for the CST teams. - Escalates downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operations.
- Monitors MHE metrics and partners with facilities/operations for system performance issues both with assigned FC and with like systems in similar FC systems.
- Utilizes FC system assessments to assess material handling system performance.
- Partners with Facility Operations Leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Acts as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the buildings.
- Communicates technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team.
- Provides explanations of the production impacts and works closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems.
- Utilizes FC network support resources for guidance and assistance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree (AA/AS) in Mechanical or Electrical field of study, Bachelor's degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training.
- Experience with means to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot AB RS LOGIX 500 PLC's, SCADA systems, along with PLC, Robotics systems, HMI, and control network components and motor controls.
- Experience with 480V 3-Phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
- Ability to interpret and modify mechanical and electrical drawings.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift.
Experience with advanced automation controls systems, Industrial robotics, and ASRS systems preferred.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
US Company Profile:
About CBRE Group, Inc.:
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2019 revenue). The company has more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 530 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.
Location: Troutdale, OR
Application Method: Online: https://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/lead-material-handling-equipment-plc-controls-technician-74726?source=Indeed&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ