Employer: Columbia River Health
Boardman, OR Full-time
TheReferral Coordinator works as part of the medical office team performingadministrative and clinical duties necessary to arrange appointments forspecialty care for patients outside of CRH. Duties include gathering patient information, faxing and mailing informationto consulting facilities, and notifying patients of their appointments.
· Ensure patient confidentiality andfamiliarization of HIPAA laws.
· Process patient information andchart notes for referrals to other Health Care facilities.
· Contacting insurance companies for priorauthorization for referrals.
· Tracking the process of thereferrals and completion of the referrals.
· Working with other facilities onarranging appointments for patients.
· Faxing and/or mailing patientinformation to other facilities.
· Updating referring provider onstatus of referral i.e. delay, insurance problems etc.
· Updating patient on status ofreferral i.e. appointments, delay, insurance problems etc.
· Work cooperatively and supportivelywith all other staff.
· Perform other necessary duties asrequired by Columbia River Health to achieve the goal of providing qualityprimary health care services.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Bilingual English/Spanish required.
· Previous experience in health caresetting is preferred, ideally in an office practice.
· Basic familiarity with routinemedical protocol and terminology.
· Must be able to complete Basic LifeSupport training class.
Skills in communication and an affable attitudein order to accept directions, accept constructive criticism, and work with allpersonnel and patients.
Location: Boardman, OR
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeedjobs.com/columbia-river-community-health-services/jobs/97470c2a68f8171e209c
Base Pay: DOQ