Employer: Spokane County
Salaryℹ $3,052.40 - $3,893.07 Monthly $36,628.80 - $46,716.80 Annually
$36,628.80 - $46,716.80 Annually
Location ℹ 525 W. Cota St., Shelton, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Public Works
Job Number: 2019-00016
- The person in this position performs entry level manual labor in completing maintenance, repair, and construction work in all public works departments, parks, playgrounds, and facilities and grounds for which the City is responsible. This position is within a collective bargaining unit.
- This position may include weekend work hours.
- Current employees please attach a letter of interest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform entry level manual labor necessary in maintaining, repairing, and constructing the roadway system, including but not limited to road surface and shoulder maintenance and construction, drainage maintenance and construction, street sign replacement, mowing, and vegetation control.
- Perform entry level manual labor necessary in maintaining, repairing, and constructing the storm drainage system, including locates, storm drain and sewer line cleaning.
- Perform entry level manual labor necessary in maintaining, repairing, and constructing the water system, including but not limited to meter reading, meter box clean out, water turn ons and offs, water door hangers, valve exercising, etc.
- Perform entry level manual labor necessary in the sanitary sewer collection system and treatment plant operations, including bio-solid dryer operation, WWPT sample taking.
- Perform entry level manual labor necessary in maintenance, repair, and construction on City facilities, parks and grounds including landscaping, mowing, alley and right of way trimming, custodial and maintenance duties.
- Duties may include preventive and general equipment repairs and maintenance, including but not limited to, landscaping, irrigation, and department equipment and tools, vehicle maintenance, and other general maintenance tasks.
- Respond to City emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned; works overtime as required to complete assigned tasks.
With professional integrity, establish and maintain appropriate and effective communication and work relationships with the City Manager, City Council, other City departments, as well as the general public, local, state and federal agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the person in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED required. Knowledge of light equipment operations is desired along with experience in public works operations and park, facility, and grounds maintenance.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must have excellent communication skills to take direction, work successfully with co-workers and respond appropriately to customer questions and/or complaints.
WORK SCHEDULE: The person in this position will be required to work a 40-hour per week schedule with a minimum of two consecutive days off. The work schedule may require weekend work.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to complete mathematical calculations required to successfully accomplish assigned job tasks.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to work within established guidelines including all applicable safety requirements. Ability to perform repetitious tasks, and have a high degree of sound independent judgment. Ability to coordinate various activities and projects with changing priorities, coordinate equipment use, schedule repairs and maintain records.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Applicant must possess a valid Washington State Driver's License and have the ability to follow Federal and State Motor Vehicle Laws. Applicant must have, or be able to obtain first-aid and certified flagger's cards, within six months of employment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Most work is performed in an outdoor environment regardless of weather conditions. Work exposes employee to machinery and its moving parts, fumes, chemicals, or toxic substances, and requires working with dangerous machinery and sharp tools. Employee is also required to perform work in high places.
AgencyCity of SheltonPhone(360) 432-5109 Websitehttp://sheltonwa.gov
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2656347/public-works-parks-maintenance-worker?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed
Base Pay: $36,628.80 - $46,716.80 YR