Employer: Valley Tractor and Rentals
4857 Contractors Drive
East Wenatchee, WA 98802
Ask for Jake or Dennis
Title: Service Tech
Reports to: Service Manager and Service Writer
Valley Tractor is looking to hire a full time Service Tech to work on a wide range of Orchard tractors and equipment (Sprayers, mowers, flails), Compact Industrial (Excavators, TLB’s, Skid Steers) and Utility tractors. This position reports directly to the Service Manager and Service Writer.
Summary of essential job functions
• Perform routine maintenance (oils, filters, lube, set up) on equipment
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs and overhauls to equipment
• Communicate findings/repairs verbally and written to Service management and customers
• High School Diploma or GED
• Tractor/Industrial Equipment service experience.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Formal training/schooling on diesel engines, hydraulic and electrical systems preferred
• Advanced knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulic and electrical systems
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and make needed repairs
• Ability to work in hot and cold environments, sometimes outdoors or in the field
• Ability to operate and test drive all equipment
• Ability to lift, maneuver, move fairly heavy objects and safely use chain hoists and floor jacks
• Ability to communicate technical information to management and customer
• Be willing to discuss issues and repairs with customer in person or over the phone
• Some work required outdoors during all seasons
• Ability to work safely around heavy equipment and noise
• Safely use chain hoists and appropriate tools to lift heavy equipment and parts.
Wages and Benefits
• Wages DOE paid bi-monthly
• Medical and Dental Insurance (VT pays 100% of employee premiums- employee responsible for paying dependent premiums)
• 401K retirement plan
• Paid/Sick Leave
• Employee Bonus Program (dependent on Dealership Profitability)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Contact Person: Jake Reimer
Location: East Wenatchee
Application Method: Phone
Base Pay: 18.00-23.00/hr DOE